Monday, December 10, 2012

Map my Weekend

I was given a brief too map my weekend from eating too sleeping. So i decided to make mine 3D, the idea was too make the things i did or ate, watched, went, cooked, anything i could remember as a 3D piece, I was not to sure how I was going to put it all together, so I just went along with it.



Every weekend me and my family go out for dinner on a Sunday, and after the meal, we always go and get ice cream  so I created the base with newspaper, and then with felt I covered the bottom base. I then used wool to spin around the hoops I made for the ice cream shape and then added beads for the topping. 





Most my weekend I like to sleep in, so I thought to create a small version of my bed. I did the basic shape with newspaper and then using wool I spun around even inch of the newspaper. I then used felt too make the pillows and blanket and stuffed it with carrier bags too fill up the space. 






I do a lot of cooking, and pasta is my favourite, so I used some pipe wires too twirl and make little pasta shapes. And used felt to create the red source and felt plate.  


Also had veg 


This idea was suppose to be or is a manikin, I do like to make little baby clothes and items and so I based that idea on that. It didn't turn out the way i wanted it too, I also did this using newspaper, felt, and material.


I spend a lot of my time in the gym, so I created weights with buttons and wool.


I make a lot of dream-catchers in my spare time, and so I created one for this project, also it can go with my theme of the bed. 


TV



The idea was to do a women sleeping, dreaming, too give that sense of  lying in bed, which connects too the bed I had made. I wanted it too still have a fabric feel to it, so I stitched the hair likes and the lips.


Another part of the dream idea, to capture what she is dreaming, I based it on something she could want in the future or what she doesn't have. so i based it on love and children or even just family. 


finished project



finished project


No comments:

Post a Comment