Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Research


For my research I wanted to use all underwater aspects for my theme, we was given a task called the outsiders stories, I decided to base mine on 'Fitting In' as a Authorstrator. The idea was to have a girl who got bullied growing her and her way of dealing with it or blocking it out and to find peace, to imagine somewhere she felt safe which was underwater, her way of dealing with the stress was to imagine she was underwater, still, floating, losing control of her body and the water washing her problems and emotions away. This is how I felt when it happened to me and thats what I think about as my safe place, this is why I can make these connections and alot of this work has come from my younger years when i use to draw these figures, which I am bringing to my work now.
Seashell Doll
Seahorses
Seashell furniture
Mermaid wedding dresses
Mermaids
 Swans























 Underwater photography that inspires my work and gave me the idea of being underwater




 

A figure stands in underwater sculpture installation “The Silent Evolution” by British artist Jason de Caires Taylor, on the sea floor between Cancun and Isla Mujeres on December 11, 2010


An artist i found, he creates scenes of general dayly life but he places them in the ocean and then photograhs them. The images are unique and amazing, each sculpture tells its own story.





No comments:

Post a Comment