Thursday, December 19, 2013

PDF Portfolio review



''Your portfolio looks great! I love all your work - it's so unique and intriguing! You have obviously found a great style of working which translates well into illustration. It's nice to see that your work has continuity throughout and you can tell it's all from the same person. At this stage in the degree some people can still be experimenting with different techniques and their portfolio doesn't flow very well - but yours is really consistent and professional looking.

I particularly like the 'Panther Chase' and 'Mood and Memory' pages. Your way of working is amazing and the techniques you use are obviously very intricate and detailed. I love all of the different materials that you use and you have a great sense of colour. I looked up the panther animation on your blog and it's great! If you ever do portfolio visits, maybe you could take an ipad or phone which you could show the person you're meeting with the animation. I think it would add another dimension to the meeting as well as showing off your animation skills!

Your work is lovely and I can't fault it. If you're looking for perfection though, there are a couple of things I noticed in the presentation. On the first page (age UK), do you mean sufferers of dementia rather than suffers? Also, on the Wind in the Willows picnic page, you could remove that black line at the bottom of the image. In my portfolio I tend to group together pages which are from the same project. I don't know if this is something you would consider for the Wind in the Willows images. I see you've put the Outsider illustrations together which is nice. I just think it makes things easier when discussing your portfolio with potential clients.

I've had a look at your blog and it's amazing! Just like your illustrations, it's so detailed and extensive. Just keep doing what you're doing with that and I'm sure you'll get top marks!

Hope all of this helps and good luck for the rest of the year.''

Philippa

No comments:

Post a Comment